vinRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vinRP

Roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pergion's Festival

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Tournament! Simquest spinoff

Where: Desert city called Pergion (per-gi-on, like yu-gi-oh)

What: It's the Pergion King's birthday, and he's staging a tournament for the best fighters in the kingdoms! (That means there are other kingdoms too.)

Who: You... -.-

This is a tournament roleplay! As a spinoff of SimQuest, the contestants will all be 'teleported' into arenas where the events take place. The rounds are as follows:

Preliminaries
A whole bunch of contestants participate in this knockout round, and the last 12 to die will be passed. Within 2 minutes of this round, if all the contestants are not dead(pfft), monsters will be released into the arena. The order in which they poof out also counts.

The next round has yet to be released.

Tournament Entry Form

Name-

Gender-

Race-

Noticable features-

Class(What they worked as in their old kingdoms)-

Languages(how many they speak)-

Homeland (Town, Kingdom, postcode)-

Age(minimum 18, because yeah)-

Aptitudes/Skills-

Animal Companions(such as horses)-

Inventory-

Weapons-

Brief history-

Strengths-

Weaknesses-

Flaws-

Appearance-

You will make your entries into the dorm house thingies where all the contestants will stay. You will not be assigned a room unless you pass the preliminaries.
Refreshments served in the lobby~
Arrow

THE ROLEPLAY IS NOW OPEN.
Back to top Go down
https://vinrp.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Ivan Aegirius
Lvl 10 Bladecaster skills whooo (cue appropriate action here)

◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Ivan was hot. As in hot. Not hot hot, but temperature hot. Because Pergion was a desert city. And desert cities were hot.
His instructions were to find a white building next to the palace - this was difficult. Every building was white, including the palace. Yet he managed. Apparently it was the especially heavily guarded white building he was meant to look out for.
Upon entry to Pergion, his invitation had been inspected.
Now, it was being inspected, and the guard was holding it upside down, making Ivan want to slap him. But then it was returned to him, and he was admitted into what appeared to be a hotel with no visitors - just a lobby full of strange people with weapons at their side.
The lobby itself was painted white - many pillars stood erect in it, the floor covered with carpets, tables in the middle of each carpet and cushy-looking sofas around each table and carpet. The floor was tiled and whitewashed. Ivan needed a wash.
He was hustled to a seat alongside another overheated-looking warrior and had some non-alcoholic fruit cocktail plonked down on the table in front of him. Self-consciously, he lifted it to his lips. It smelled funny.
◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Overheat - Lowers speed and stamina. [5 turns]
×××××××
Florian wiped a hand across his forehead, a groan escaping his lips, as a thin layer of sweat coated it.
Why was he wearing a parka in a desert town again? He shrugged off the offending article of clothing, taking a swig of water from a bottle he'd nicked from a street stall. Calm eyes flickered up with mild disinterest at the building. A king's tournament. Damn that idiot, for making him compete.
His invitation was thoroughly scrutinized, and he was allowed in. The foyer was relatively boring, with too much white to be interesting. He stayed standing up, parka tied around his waist. He saw a man, looking very overheated, taking a tentative sip of what looked like...a fruit cocktail.
Interesting. Florian retrained his eyes to the floor, and 'hmm'ed to himself in mild disdain.

×××××××
Sissy scream [Lvl 1] ✖ Summon plot device [Lvl 1] ✖ Claws of steel [Lvl 3] ✖ Cat scratch [Lvl 2] ✖ Bitchslap [Lvl 1] ✖ Cat fight [Lvl 2] ✖ Conjure food [Lvl 5]
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Marzipan or Something...

The pristine whiteness of the lobby did nothing to take Marazell's mind away from the fact that her skin was melting.

She had originally been excited about being invited to visit Pergion. Her excitement had decreased with every rise in temperature.

And now, she was slowly subsiding into a steaming puddle. The iced drinks. They did nothing.

[ahaha. SHort post]
Back to top Go down
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Image:Hello.jpg
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Alodia Electuras
Lexiconomancy. With a chest.

Σ—————►

[Danielle: Michael Jackson????]
Alodia reclined in the squishy armchair, her mouth around the straw, not actually sipping the drink. It looked as if the last few were just arriving - one such a man carrying a parka, looking as heaty as someone wearing a parka would. In a desert.
She held her spellbook (revision of dictionary) closer to her (actually existent) chest, her staff just at the corner of her eye, its little golden cross giving her comfort.
She was gonna own this thing. Starting with the drink and working her way up. To the top. Of the winner's podium. Of course.
A twenty-year-old elf with a strange bowl-cut could really do that.
Σ—————►
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Overheat: - Speed, Stamina, + Irritability [4 turns]
×××××××
It was warm. Even without the parka. Florian sighed.
What else would he have expected? He touched the bottle of now lukewarm water to his lips, taking a sip.
There was a young woman with a bowl-cut, and what looked like a slightly stylized lexicon, of some unknown language. Well, not unknown. He was just too warm to read it properly. He shook his head, wondering why she would want to enter. It wasn't exactly the epitome of a 'fun ride'.
"I guess people are actually into these sorts of things..."
He took another sip of warm/ room temperature water. Better not risk the drinks.

×××××××
Sissy scream [Lvl 1] ✖ Summon plot device [Lvl 1] ✖ Claws of steel [Lvl 3] ✖ Cat scratch [Lvl 2] ✖ Bitchslap [Lvl 1] ✖ Cat fight [Lvl 2] ✖ Conjure food [Lvl 5]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Ivan Aegirius

◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Ivan reclined in the cushy sofa, trying to relax, until he spotted a white puddle on the floor and called a janitor for a mop a rather strange redhead who looked like she needed a mop. Fast. He stood up and made his way to her, keeping an easy smile on his face, well aware that these were the people he would soon be pitched against in an all out struggle for survival.
"Hey there," he said in Common to her, pressing his drink against his face, trying to suck in some of the chill before it all melted away, which it was doing bloody quick. "Do you speak Common?"
◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Marzipan or Something...

She had considered summoning "Bushy", as she affectionately reffered to bushman as, to work some cooling magic, before realising that would give away her first summons, losing the advantage of surprise.

As of now, Marazen didn't particularly care.

Drowsily, Marazell turned to the man next to her..there was something off about his proportions.... Hoy whazzyur nem. she drawled, doing a passable imitation of being drunk. On heat.
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Overheat: +Irritability, -Speed, -Stamina [3 turns (locked)]
×××××××
Florian raised an eyebrow at the girl's mumble. Was she alright? He would've thrown some water over her, but he assumed she wouldn't want to be drenched by lukewarm water, which'd just make her heat up more.
Sitting down on a recently vacated seat, he looked up at the strange man he'd seen earlier.
Something important, well, not so much, came to his attention. Well, he'd rather not have to take her to the hospital, in case this guy was one of those who wasn't...exactly the brightest crayon in the box.
"You a medic?"

×××××××
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Ivan Aegirius

◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Hearing a voice behind him in Common made Ivan jump. He turned his head and saw A MAN HOLDING A PARKA?! Maybe he was from around here, except he was severely lacking in dark skin.
"Medic?" he replied in Common, keeping his tone guarded. "No... I can heal a bit, but I think this woman needs a mop."
So far these two looked rather unimpressive as competition, but then and again he'd learned that underestimating your opponents tended to be bad for continued good health.
"So..." He raised an eyebrow. "How do you fight?"
◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Back to top Go down
Bella_Krystal

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Conan

Conan felt like jumping his way to the refreshments after showing his invitation to the guards. He was trained in a family who loved to fight but was used to the hot conditions but it was more humid in the rainforest. Conan just felt parched here. Leila was more excited then he was though, she was bounding forward and back to him...he really needed a leash for her.
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Marzipan or Something...

Seeing as the two weirdly proportioned men (no neck and weird legs) were ignoring her, Marazen slumped further onto the table.

Waaaake me when yur gaiz start figin'
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Ivan Aegirius

◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Ivan turned his head to look at the woman with the extremely strange accent and wondered exactly what he'd accepted. At that moment there was a wolf bounding around the place - the last time he'd come into contact with a canine, he'd been sitting in an armchair with a drink in his hand and it had bounded up, sat in his lap and attempted to make out with him. That made him considerably dislike most dogs.
To the strange woman, he said, "You require a mop."
Then he strode off in the direction of the man who had entered alongside the wolf, the man who needed a haircut as much as Ivan himself did.
"Excuse me," he said in Common, seeing as that was the only language he decided would be good in here, "I believe that mutt running a relay requires some control... Is it yours?"
◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Alodia Electuras
Lexiconomancy. With a chest.

Σ—————►

Alodia sat up and took notice of a dying woman on a table. She blinked twice, stood up and walked towards her.
"Excuse me... Do you not think it would be a bad idea to die before the first round?" she enquired, sitting down beside sweaty wrangar.
Σ—————►
Back to top Go down
Bella_Krystal

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Conan

He swept his hand over the top of Leila's head and she lay down calmly.
I'm fine thanks, yeah she's mine. I had her ever since...he trailed off and broke out into a smile. Hey, what's your name?
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Marzipan or Something...

She turned her head slightly to find a .... anyway. The slightly squeaky voice came from somewhere faintly above her head. "Excuse me... Do you not think it would be a bad idea to die before the first round?"
Marazen gave up. The girl with huge boobs was right, it wouldn't do to die before the fighting even began.

Screw surprise. Linnaeus, I choose you.I summon you.

And with a whirl of (un-needed) wind, Bushy appeared.

[Current Summon]
Pergion's Festival Aaa10

Last edited by Bracket on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Ivan Aegirius

◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Ivan glanced down at the dog. Bad memories. The fruit juice, the armchair, the dog and his face. Do not think. Do not think.
Then a thought struck him.
"Heyyyy. Aren't animals not allowed in here? I mean, my horse got taken away, and I saw one guy get his pet falcon removed from him." So why is that fleaball here, he was tempted to say, but decided against it.
"You don't need to know my name, and I don't want to know yours, or your mongrel's..."
Then a gust of wind upsetted his hair. He whirled around to see a bushman with an umbrella.
"Hey, wrangar, summon more wind," he called to her. "I'm dying here..."
◊▬╬▬▬▬ ☼
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Overheat: +Irritability, -Speed, -Stamina [3 turns (locked)]
×××××××
Florian leant a few centimetres closer, for a second, briefly poking the puddle of...stuff.
"Hmm. Perhaps a mop would be a good idea?"
His next sentence was promptly cut off, as a person with a...dog, came in, with a rather dynamic entry. He supposed he hadn't been asked for his name, but muttered it out of reflex anyway, a bored expression touching his features.
"Florian."
He raised an eyebrow, turning back as the woman summoned something. He muttered
"Conjure Food."
Even though it wasn't food, a drink, made mostly of crushed ice, appeared in his hand. Well, it tasted better than warm water, anyway.

×××××××
Back to top Go down
Bella_Krystal

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Conan

Conan huffed, this guy asked so many stupid questions that had the most obvious answers. His temptation to facepalm was about to burst. He swept over her and she disappeared. I can control this one.
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Marzipan or Something...

Marazen had been about to reply to weird-leg when the monsters flooded the room.

Oh....fiddle sticks.

{BATTLE MODE INITIATED}
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Adrenaline Rush: +Speed, +Strength, -Rationale [3 turns (locked)]
×××××××
Florian had sort of expected this. Not really, fine. He lied. But he wasn't taken entirely by surprise. The tournament would consist of fighting anyway. His claws materialized in what looked funnily enough, like a flood of binary numbers, and he used them to quickly bat away a monster. He jumped, landing on a large one's shoulders, and stabbing the claws straight into it's head. Fine. Not straight.
Somewhat slanted, but it got the job done, right? Well, he got a nice slash in return, before the thing finally kicked the bucket.
"They could warn us about this sort of stuff, you know!"
He grumbled, stringing a length of piano wire around another's neck, and tightening it. The monster gurgled. How cute. He let it fall with a thump.

×××××××
Back to top Go down
Bracket

Bracket

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Marzipan or Something...

Linnaeus, end summons. Xiphos, appear. furiously gabbled Mara, grasping the handle of her club (that had been inside her bag) almost lovingly.

She just hoped the monsters weren't magical. Or at least, not able to attack with magic. As a fireball whizzed past her head, she somehow doubted that.

[Current Summon]
Pergion's Festival Bbb10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 pm

IVAN
Ivan jumped out of his skin, drew his blade and jammed it into the face of an oncoming monster's bountiful face. It died.
"Level ten Bladecaster exorcism spell!" he yelled for no particular reason other than to impersonsate Yu-Gi-Oh. Red lightning burst from his blade, targeting every monster within a ten-metre radius.
Just dodging a swipe from behind, he cleaved off the offender's arm.
"They could very well have warned us," he muttered, channeling magic into his sword, ready to release it as directed. He hurled his drink glass at a passing monster's face, smashing it with a tinkle. He hadn't liked it much anyway.
Life=bad.

ALODIA
She jumped out of her armchair, staff in hand, book levitating above her head, her non-staff hand turning the pages with magic. She found words similar to fire, death, doom, blast, etc. (had to be specific here).
The words of the spell, written in her own language, streamed around her limbs, from her book to her outstretched staff arm. As each one left the golden cross, it targeted the closest monster, exploding in a fiery wrath.
She ducked under a claw, trying to find a better vantage point. Lexiconomy took a while to cast. Lucky she'd studied other magicks as well. Pointing her staff at a monster, she released a stream of white magic, essentially killing it.
Life=bad.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Krystal

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Conan

Conan jumped as he felt a slimy hand felt the small hairs on his face, less then a millimetre away from his flesh and ducked[Fun fact even girls have small facial hair] . 'Shit,' he thought as he took out his sword and bisected the beast in perfect halves. Woops i was just about to be killed, how reckless of me...
Back to top Go down
Raykael

Raykael

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Florian
Current De/Buff: Adrenaline Rush: +Speed, +Strength, -Rationality [2 turns]
×××××××
Florian was having a dreadful time. Not so much dreadful, as appallingly strange. He was clinging onto a light fixture, dropping down every so often to dodge a flying monster, or to retaliate from a swipe by a ground bound one.
He rolled his eyes at the blonde boy, who seemed to have a knack of stating the obvious.
"No shit Sherlock! Don't touch the bright green ones. They'll melt your hands off."
He then resumed his pattern of slashing and, for good measure, jumped onto a giant bird thing's back, to get a better vantage point, despite the wild thrashing he was experiencing.

×××××××

Last edited by Raykael on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pergion's Festival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergion's Festival   Pergion's Festival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pergion's Festival
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next